We’re excited to announce the launch of Union Calgary, a Learning Community of Union School of Theology for Christian theological education and ministry training, hosted by Calvary Grace Church. If you’re in driving distance of Calgary and are seeking an academically rigorous, biblically faithful, and accredited theological education, but can’t commit to a full-time program of study and can’t relocate to a seminary somewhere, this may be for you!
Details on the Calgary Learning Community here.
The program offered through the Learning Community is Union’s Graduate Diploma in Theology (GDip).
If you’re a pastor, elder, minister, missionary, or seminary student in driving distance of the Calgary area, this will be of particular value for you, but everyone is welcome! We’re holding a conference on Healthy Eldership at Calvary Grace Church on November 15 & 16. Jeramie Rinne is our speaker, coming out on behalf of 9 Marks. Here’s the poster, and more information’s available here:
Benjamin Keach, a 17th-century Baptist pastor, advocated that all Christians pray for those who minister to them as pastors. Make sure you read the “Motives” that he supplies for doing so:
1st. ’Tis the Duty of every Member to pray for their Pastor and Teachers. Brethren, pray for us, that the Word of the Lord may run and be glorified. Again, saith Paul, Praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the Mystery of Christ. Prayer was made without ceasing of the Church unto God for him.
They that neglect this Duty seem not to care either for their Minister, or their own Souls, or whether Sinners be converted, and the Church edified or not. They pray for their daily Bread, and will they not pray to have the Bread of Life plentifully broken to them?
Motives to this.
1. Ministers’ Work is great: Who is sufficient for these things?
2. The Opposition is not small which is made against them.
3. God’s loud Call is (as well as Ministers themselves) for the Saint’s continual Prayers and Supplication for them.
4. Their Weaknesses and Temptations are many.
5. The Increase and Edification of the Church depends upon the Success of their Ministry.
6. If they fall or miscarry, God is greatly dishonoured, and his Ways and People reproached.